MY NEXT CHAPTER
12:03 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have had so much time laying here thinking as I recover. I have done soul searching and thought a lot about what I want to be doing. After the last 11 years, I have such a heart for pediatric oncology. I even went and did research into getting a RN (since I have a BA in biology), but it would still take 2 long years of school. I just don't think that is what I am looking for.
We are very blessed, and even though the economy is hitting us as well, I am able to stay at home and enjoy all that goes along with that. All 3 kids are in school next year, and I DO want to start getting involved at school again....but what do I want the rest of my days to look like???
Well, one of my favorite places/people in the world are the docs, nurses, staff and patients at CHOA (the oncology office who ahs treated Hunter for YEARS!!!) I prayed for many days and finally emailed Jean (our 'bestest' nurse) and made an 'offer.'
I told her that in my heart, I want to serve and volunteer in peds onc. I would love to do 'social work' things (ie helping families find resources, supportive emotional care, fighting arbitrary insurance denials, etc), help the docs and familes with research, help the staff with WISH applications, all of that. God has gifted me with those skills over my life, and I would love to use them at CHOA.
Well, Jean just called and said, "After talking with Dr. Cook, our answer is one resounding word...YES!!!!!" I am so excited. I feel like this is what I am supposed to do and it is all coming together. I told her that after my 6 week post-op appointment, I would come talk it over during lunch one day and we could discuss details. I cannot wait to give back....I discussed it with the kids and they were all excited at the possibility of me volunteering in this capacity.
So there you have it....I am excited, joyful, and thankful!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment