Nothing Short of Excitement

10:09 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
OK, eventhough I am sitting in my kitchen with 4 cops and 5 DOW officers, I thought I should post the important news....don't worry, I will come back to the other... :-) Hunter had IVIG in Denver today. All counts looked great and it is always great to catch up with our friends there. We are really praying the migraines don't hit. Hunter will have to have IVIG once a month until at least Feb. YUCK. Placing the IV was no fun...it took many tries on 3 different spots, but finally success. He only yelled at her a few times ;-) The endocrinologist has been out of the country and comes back next Thur...there is our reason we have not heard from him. I put our BMT team on it. The orthopedic surgeon had great news for us. The AVN Hunter has is in his Femurs above the joint. Because it is not IN the joint, it should not cause any harm. Hunter has tendonitis in his knees and ankles from the muscle wasting and numerous stresses post steroids. As long as we stay off of steroids, he will be fine. Now comes in my sports medicine training from college....I can do the PT with him at home and not need to make yet more appointments. So all in all...a great day. OK, so back to the other excitement. Yesterday around 6pm, I heard a dog 'yell' in our backyard. I thought Tobi had picked a fight with the neighbors dog or something. I go to look out the window and after taking 10+ seconds to register, there was a HUGE mountain lion standing in our yard....and then approaching Tobi at the door. I ran and got the air horn and distracted her enough to get Tobi inside. OK....short break...I will cut to the chase. After letting the 2 big dogs out this evening...10 seconds later, Andi came running and SCREAMING. She had blood on her front paws but no apparent wounds. I couldn't get Sadie. I could see the cat walking through the trees and hear it eating. Branon got home and took his hunting rifle out to investigate. He stood 10 feet from the cat with it's kill. After 45min+ of crying, Sadie showed up out front absolutely terrified...Parker had been praying for a miracle. So now we have all of these guys here hunting the lions...yes plural. A HUGE mom and 2 cubs. My recent break was to go out and take a photo of the 1st cub as they tagged it. They have now brought in more police, Norad police, more DOW and a helicopter to track the momma down. It may be a long night. I will try and get the photos up asap. Branon had to take Andi to the emergency vet. Turns out the lion got her good on the leg and the side. She is going to need a bunch of stitches....poor girl. She is our scaredy cat but she was so brave as we trimmed her fur back to look at her wounds. All of that and we still have 3 dogs. We did offer to let Tobi go ut and check out the dead deer to lure the lions back to their dinner LOLOL Just kidding. Like I have said before...we like adventure(I say that with a bit of sarcasm....how about some boredom for a bit.)

0 comments: