AN ACTUAL FAMILY UPDATE
8:32 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
It's been a busy few days. I started the week in the Republican call center. Felt good to be doing something. I started reading a new book by James Patterson. It is called Against Medical Advice. It is about a family of friends that has a boy with severe Tourette's and their battle to help him. I am almost done and it is great. It is a very fast read, but worthwhile. Speaking of Tourette's, we saw the neurologist with Parker today. It was great. We were all so happy to see him doing so well with the 1st try. When dealing with neurological issues (and especially more than one) finding a medical combination that works very well is often hard....to say the least. Parker's tics are very minimal and easy to cope with and his other symptoms of ADHD, impulsive behavior and lack of self control seen to be so much better.....all without him feeling different or his personality being altered. I would say success to that!!!! His exam today was amazing....he could actually stay still for 20 seconds...that was IMPOSSIBLE during previous exams.
Tomorrow, Hunter gets to go with his class to a flight simulation of a Challenger Space Shuttle. It sounds amazing and he is very excited. We are also gearing up for a night of Fall Festival Fun. The boys are going as 'beat up' Avalanche Players and Maddy is dressing as a cheetah. Tobi is dressing up as a skunk....appropriate for our 'little stinker'. Madelyn is going with her class to a pumpkin patch....always fun.
Hunter and Branon enjoyed the Boy Scout campout this last weekend. Hunter almost has his Tenderfoot Badge.....way to go!!! This last weekend, I got snow tires on my van....exciting I know. Since I out them on in Oct, I am hoping the weather stays beautiful right on through winter....snow not necessary!!! LOL
Tuesday, I took my mail-in ballot down to the Clerk and Recorders office....too important to mail :-))
Oh, and other exciting news, 2 days ago, we were offered a 'free' timeshare in Hawaii for a week by Branon's parents. We spent 2 days working on it and used every mile we have saved since we got engaged, but we are all 5 going to Honolulu the week of Dec 28 and Jan 4. Our only costs will be 1 meal a day out and a few activities. Once we got the details figured out, we are very excited. We have not told the kids yet. It will be our family Christmas gifts. It is a great opportunity for us to take the kids to see Pearl Harbor, a volcano, some whales migrations, waterfalls, a luau and spend some relaxing time on the beach....sounds GREAT!!! What a blessing. Also a relief to not have to do all of the Christmas shopping ;-)
So, that is us in a nut shell this week. We start celebrating birthdays this week....the start of a busy few months.
I will leave you tonight by saying...GO VOTE, check out James Patterson's new book, and anjoy some good candy!!!!!
Love to you....
0 comments:
Post a Comment