T-4 DAYS
9:01 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I guess I have a decent excuse for a lack of posts....my big surgery is in 4 days...actually less. I have been frantically doing laundry, organizing schedules, and getting details organized. My doc said I will be in the hospital for at least 3 days. I am getting the hip-hip horizontal like I did with the 3 c-sections. She is worried about my bladder saying it is likely attached to the uterus at an 'unknown' location after 3 c-sections. If it gets nicked, I get to go home with a cath bag...ohhhh what fun!!! I cannot lift anything over 5 pounds(so nothing) for 6 weeks, no bending, lots of rest and no driving for 3-6 weeks. I have magazines, books and movies ready to go. She said that I will need to do some walking each day (of course) but she wants me to REST and I will recover much faster. I have my pre-op at the hospital tomorrow, then it is just waiting. I am sleeping on and off...not too well. Too much to think about getting ready. Hunter has been working for HOURS on his big report this weekend trying to get ahead because of my down time...poor kid. He has been quite agreeable. I will post quick updates on Twitter while I am down (hmj1972)
In other news, Hunter has had a sinus infection. He started antibiotics Fri and now tonight has a rash. That means another day off of school, another med he is allergic too, and another doc appointment!!! UCK Madelyn now has the cold/crud. She may get to stay home as well if her cough continues. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let me get sick...that would delay my surgery. The kids watched AFV with me in our bed tonight and I immediately stripped my bed to wash the sheets :-)) I am walking around with Avagard in my pocket to 'sanitize' after I touch the kids (teehee) Oh, good news on Parker...the new chiropractor (he goes to our church and lives in our neighborhood) is doing wonders with Parker...his neck and spinal curve are doing better already!! His neck tic is much less frequent and it feels much better.
So there we are in a nutshell. None of us are excited for my surgery, but we are all excited at the prospect of mom feeling better in the long run. Please pray for smooth surgery, wisdom for my doc, steady hands (;-D), patience and strength for my family to function without mom, no other organ damage, quick recovery....and as little pain as possible for this BIG WIMP!!!
I will post more once I am able!!!
Love to all,
Heather
0 comments:
Post a Comment